Join the Copperfield/Mahogany Community Association!
Memberships are valid from June 1st to May 31st and expire yearly.
It is through membership and newsletter ad revenues that we can provide services to the community. Active members are the key! You can purchase your membership with PayPal here, or stop by the hall during office hours to pay by debit or credit card! CMCA memberships are $30 per year.
How membership benefits you, and what the CMCA does for the community:
- Discounted registration prices on many of our programs and events.
- Discounted registration prices on many of the Mahogany HOA Beach Club programs and events.
- Discounted rentals on our Community Hall facility.
- Brings the members up-to-date information and becomes a voice for the community on important planning and development issues with the City of Calgary.
- Meets with Councillor and MLA to bring community issues to light.
- Distributes a monthly community newsletter across SE Calgary.
- Develops and maintains CMCA website with community & event information.
- Helps create a more active involved community presence in the community!
- Entitles you to a vote at the CMCA Annual General Meeting.
- Qualifies you to join the CMCA Board of Directors and make a difference in how the community association is managed
Support your community and purchase your membership here.
FAQ: What is a Community Association and how is it different from a resident’s/homeowner’s association?
A community association is an organization formed by the residents of an area:
- to manage and direct its social and recreational activities
- to act as an intervener in civic matters (planning and development)
- to plan, develop and maintain community facilities and amenities
- membership is a voluntary $30.00 per household per year
A resident’s/homeowner’s association is a compulsory organization created by a land developer:
- to manage and maintain the “marketing” amenities (entrance signage, ornamental parks and ponds, boulevard landscaping and building) of a development that the City will not accept responsibility to maintain
- to manage and maintain amenities such as lakes and golf courses
- membership is compulsory and the requirement to pay an annual fee is collected by the association through a caveat on title
Questions about becoming a member? Contact the Membership Committee Chairperson firstname.lastname@example.org.