Sunday, June 26 • 9am-2pm
Mahogany Beach Club parking lot
29 Masters Park SE
Please note that participants will be required to follow all active provincial and local public health measures during Community Clean-up events. For more information visit www.alberta.ca/covid-19-public-health-actions.aspx and www.calgary.ca/covid19.
The following items will NOT BE ACCEPTED:
- Cardboard: Please take your cardboard to the Community Recycling Depot located in the Southwest corner of Home Depot parking lot, 5125 126 Avenue S.E.
- home appliances
- household chemicals
- propane tanks
- car batteries
- railroad ties
Cerebral Palsy Alberta accepts donations of:
- Recyclable beverage containers
- Good condition clothing, accessories, shoes
- Small house hold items such as kitchen ware, toys, games, glassware etc.
- Small electrical items like iron, toasters etc. in good working condition
Recon Metal will accept any metal objects for recycling
Local landscapers Garden Gnomes YYC will be onsite, accepting yard waste. They take the yard waste to partnered farms around the city to direct these nutrients (and beneficial insects and microbes) to the land without the need for excessive processing.
- TVs (LCD/CRT or Plasma)
- Computer Systems
- Computers (monitors, mice, keyboards & speakers)
- Computer parts (cables, cords, fans, power supplies, hard drives for destruction, CPU, ram chips and boards)
- Laptops, notebooks, tablets and E-readers
- Printers, Fax Machines, Copiers and Scanners
- Wires and cables
We’ll need 5-6 volunteers for each 2-hour time slot. You’re welcome to sign up for more than 1 time slot!
Traffic direction or assisting residents with unloading at the waste trucks
Please email Nicole if you’re interested in helping out!